Road Rage Shooting

K80Geoff

Just heard of a "Road Rage" shooting almost in my backyard.

Seems that the driver of a truck was angry at the driver of a car that had sped past him and went after the car. He was shot by the driver of the car (the radio noted that he had a legal firearm).

Haven't heard any of the specifics but it has been on the radio all day. Looks like another nail in the coffin of RKBA. The local press will not shut up about this for weeks and I'm sure we will hear from Chuckie Schumer.

New York requires strict background checks for a handgun license and will pull your license for felonies or when they think you are a threat. I have known people who lost their license because they were going through a divorce!

There is no requirement for training in New York however, and a lot of people who have handguns probably have never fired them and never even clean them!

As I am sitting here the TV is discussing Road Rage as the big topic on the local news, here we go!

It took me six months and about $500 to get my license for target and Hunting only, not CCW ( although the FBI considers my license as the equivalent of CCW for NICS). After all this and the money I have spent for my 4 handguns I suspect that a movement will begin to ban all handguns afer this incident. By the way, the serial numbers of my guns are on my license, so they can get them anytime.

The only thing we have going for us locally are some very aggressive NRA people, if not for them we would have lost long ago.

Join the NRA and GOA and any other gun orgs...Please!

SOUNDS LIKE SELF DEFENSE MIGHT BE ON THE MENU HERE, A VEHICLE CAN BE A DEADLY WEAPON,TOO . HATE TO HEAR ABOUT ANY INCIDENT AT ALL, BUT IT COULD BE THIS WAS JUSTIFIED. ANY MORE DETAILS??

OK I tried to link to Newsday but they wont do it without some form of reimbursement.

The basic facts are that a 51 yesr old man driving a Cadillac sped past two men, one 66 and the other 40 his son, in a pickup truck. The caddy driver did this in a school zone where the pickup driver's grandchild went to school.

The 66 year old man approached the caddy at a corner and words were exchanged. The son of the 66 year old heard his father say" What are you going to do, shoot me" then a shot from a .45 rang out hitting to 66 year old in the shoulder.

The caddy driver then got out"With he gun in one hand and a cell phone in the other" and the 40 year old joined the scuffle.

A "Bystander" approached the scuffle with a NAIL GUN and ordered the three of them to drop the gun. They complied.

The shooter went to jail and was held overnight to be arraigned in county court. The guy with the nail gun apparently was not arrested, neither were the two occupants of the Pick Up. The 66 year olds wounds were not life threatening according to police.

Jeez...a nailgun used to stop a crime!

[This message has been edited by K80Geoff (edited June 08, 1999).]

Was it a high capacity nail gun or one of the newer PC type of nail guns that only holds 10 nails or less? Just curious if the anti-nail gun crowd is going to get on this guys case.

Probably shoots those new plastic nails (they are environmentally friendly as well), as "Wood piercing" nails have been banned since the Phoenix area constuction piercing of a roofer took place...
smile.gif

------------------
John/az

"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

www.countdown9199.com

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited June 08, 1999).]

Back