Riverside Arms shotgun

Joe Portale

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can give me information about a coach gun that I picked up. The information on the barrel says:

Riverside Arms Company
Chicopee Falls, Mass
Patent Pending April 20, 1915
Serial number: 55927

This is a double barrel 12 guage. It has 20 inchs barrels and is a real nice looking piece - loads of fun to fire.

I would appreciate any info that could be provided and if theres a way to get an owners manual or literature for this puppy.

Thanks,

Joe Portale
Tucson, Arizona Territory

That Chicopee Falls sounds like Savage's old address although that proves very little. That was the center of power machinery in those years and everything ALMOST was made there. good luck.

Joe:
Does your shotgun have exposed hammers? (ears)

I'm still looking for my records on this shotgun. I have restocked many of these old shotguns, and it seems to me that several models, under different names, were made from the Riverside.

The information I seek is not normally in the library, however, as soon as I locate it it will be available. It is a listing of all the old Hardware Guns (shotguns) that were made by one company for many.

HJN

BINGO:
OK, I'm still looking for the cross over on this. It is not listed with the firearms crossover, but with a stock crossover. I have it. I just need to find it.

Patience is vertue?

HJN

JOE:

As I drove my golf cart out of the pond, I explaind "I FOUND IT"
According to my records the Riverside double is mfg'd By J. Stevens Co. and is actually their Model 315. This is one of several utility shotguns Mfg'd by Stevens from 1877-1988. My records indicate the the value on this shotgun is: NIB $1.000.00-Excellant=$500.00-$200.00.

There is a year code stamped on every Stevens double barrel shotgun produced between March 1949 and December 1968. The serial number is prefexed with a letter. if your shotgun does not have a letter preceeding the Sr# it was mfg'd prior to 1949.

HJN

[This message has been edited by Harley Nolden (edited July 10, 1999).]

Harley,

Thanks for the info and the parts diagram. I like the little 'ol double it'sloads of fun to fire with CAS. The gun falls into the good to excellent condition catagory. Not that I have any intentions of letting it go. I was just curious about it and I could not find anything in the books I have.

Once again thanks.

Joe Portale
Tucson, Arizona territory

I need info

Hey a fellas,

I got a question about an old double barrel that I picked up. This is all I got off of the gun.

Riverside Arms Co.
Ciccpee Falls, Mass. U.S.A.
Fat Feb. 10-1914

The Barrel is 30 in. long and it has the outside hammers

riverside arms query

I also have a Riverside Arms shotgun, 12ga. Serial number on barrel and receiver...32069. Is this a good thing? Can anyone tell me more about the manufacturer? quality of gun? etc.? Thanks.

Back