Rise Armament ERT

turkeestalker

Wondering if anyone has one of the Rise Armament enhanced rifle triggers in one of their AR platform rifles and what your take is on them?

No response so I'm guessing no one has one?
Anyway, got a reasonable deal on one of their single stage RA-240 ERTs for right at a 'C note' shipped.
Seemed to be very well made with minimal fore and aft movement with a quick reset and the advertised 3.5 lb pull.
Dropped it into my Windham Hunter .308 and took it to the range yesterday.
Awesome trigger for a range toy/hunting type of rifle in my opinion.
First experience with any drop in AR platform trigger unit and I will definitely consider using the same or similar in other rifles in the future.

How is it different that the 140?

Other than about $20.00, I'm about to find out.
Just got a Brownell's email today advertising the AR-140 for $80.00 with free shipping using a code.
I've another rifle I would like one of these in so I ordered one.
When it's in I can let you know.

Please post a side by side.

I find the ra140 to be a best buy. In a basic gtg ar range/sd trigger. The pull runs just under 4 lb an it is pretty short and consistent. At 100yds, it is never this triggers fault, if I miss!

Only real difference that I can see beyond the color of the body is that the RA-140 didn't include the anti-walk pins and the RA-240 did.
The text on the packages eludes to the 140 being specifically for an AR-15 where the 240 simply says designed for ARs, which leads to assuming that it is suitable for AR-10s as well?
Both are single stage 3.5 lb triggers that feel identical to me.

Thanks for the side by side. I always wonder when a mfgr makes multiple triggers if they are really significantly different.

I agree with the pins. I went with these....LINK

Last edited:
Back