Rip-Off Alert: Royal Ammo Shop - http://royalammoshop.com

BigJiLm

Inactive
I was looking for ammo and this store came up, Royal Ammo Shop - http://royalammoshop.com, and i ordered a case of 7.62 for $250.00, and $30 for shipping on 8/28/21. They have no way to pay when i checked out, so i was told in an email to pay with Zelle out of my bank account or bitcoin. On 8/30/21 i sent them $280 by Zelle to Keoriea@gmail.com, Keoriea Franklin. The domain was registered in Iceland.

Then they tell me their account is limited and to send it again to Aradi004@fiu.edu, which is Florida International University. I contacted that University to see who's email that was.

Then I get an email from the "shipper" that said I needed to pay them $100, even though I paid $30 for shipping, and $80 will be refunded when it is delivered, and magically I would receive the shipment that day. That shipper also registered the domain in the same city in Iceland me is also an Iceland registration and that company is info@expresssdeliveryservices.com, Express Delivery Services https://expresssdeliveryservices.com/. Its a fake shipping company again with no address or info yet they are a global shipper.

They also sent me a text from; 931-298-0022. I looked at their domain, and it was registered a few months ago in Iceland.

They have several emails; info@royalammoshop.com, royalammo496@gmail.com, ajxazekfpakh7mtrpk8z57ewdwogx7ob-82f71daf195a4e0f@tidioreply.com.

My mistake was not looking at the contact info or lack of it, as no address or phone # would have ended my order at this site, buyer beware!!!

That's like the Nigerian inheritance scam where they keep asking you to send more and more money to clear this problem or that problem. Sorry to hear you got pulled in. A rule of thumb is never ever deal with any business that can't accept a credit card, as it is an indication they have poor or no credit.

No one who asks for $X up front and promises to give me back part of it later gets my business.

Got a call one time that I had won millions of dollars and a new car, and all the taxes were paid, except for $500 that I had to come up with, so they could make the delivery.

Not having the cash, I told the guy, "why don't you pay the $500, and when the money is in my bank, I'll pay you $1000!." I thought it was a good deal.

He never called me back....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry that you got hooked. My first rule of thumb is do NOT do business or even attempt to do business with any company or individual that is NOT located in the United States!

A scammer group on MeWe has called out this group a few times. Zelle or Venmo only are a big red flag. Sorry about your $$$ loss.

Never do business with a company that doesn't accept major credit cards, but will accept Pay Pal, Zelle, etc. Big red flag.

Probably the same scammers who infiltrate various traditional archery sites buy and sell Forums, offering bank cashier checks for far more than the asking price. They send you a phony bank draft cashiers check instead of a Postal money order, which you deposit, mail out "their" bow in good faith, then 2 weeks later the check bounces. Amazing how much energy and time some people can put into deception and theft.

Yes, stick to verified companies and payment methods.

"They send you a phony bank draft cashiers check instead of a Postal money order, which you deposit, mail out "their" bow in good faith, then 2 weeks later the check bounces."

My mother sold rare books and antiques on the net and scammers would infiltrate some of the sites she used.

Anyone who tried to pay with a check of any kind, was told that the item would be held until the payment method was verified.

Legitimate purchasers didn't have a problem with that.

The fake ones usually ghosted, but some of them would try to intimidate her to make the transaction. My favorite one was the clown who said he was reporting her to the "Federal Bureau of Investigating."

I laughed long and hard at that one.

Always do a search of the name of the company and you will find a lot of fraudulent sites out there. I have heard of Royal Ammo and others and when they ask to be paid in Zelle, Western Union, Paypal, etc., that is a big red flag.

Back