RIP. Mike Dillon.

bryco32

Just saw this posted on their corporate Facebook page. Thought I would share.

"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Mike Dillon. Mike left us on the morning of November 7th, 2016. He leaves behind a large family including wife Carol, sons Stephen and Christopher, daughter Stephanie, and 9 grandchildren. Mike’s legacy has touched the lives of countless people worldwide. He revolutionized the ammunition reloading industry and made it what it is today. Mike also redesigned and manufactured the M134 Minigun that is now in service in the United States and foreign military forces. As a passionate aviator, he worked for TWA as a 2nd officer for 13 years and later made a name for himself as a writer for Air Progress Magazine. He is recognized by some as being the one who started the warbird restoration movement in the 1960’s.
Mike's dedication to his family, his customers, and this country was exemplary. We hope to continue the legacy that Mike Dillon worked so hard to build and we will never forget the impact that he has had on us all. We take comfort knowing he is flying in the blue skies of heaven above."

Shame. Definitely an innovator.

Strange I just purchased my xl650, started to read about him and got a sinking feeling.

I sure could be wrong here and some Dillon experts can correct me but I remember Dillon setting the reloading industry on their ear by cutting the price of his machine just about in half and selling directly to users instead of selling thru the retail outlets, this was back in the late 1960's. Suddenly, for an awful lot of guys a progressive press was affordable.

R.I.P. Mr. Dillon.

The body may have lived on, but Mike Dillon (Sr.) has been gone for a long time.
His mind was taken by Alzheimer's.

Family and trusted employees have been running the two businesses behind the scenes for many years (Dillon Precision and Dillon Aero).

What a shame, losing yourself to that disease. He was a heck of an innovator.

I own many things Dillon made, and don't regret buying any of them.

RIP, Mike Dillon. Condolences to his family.

Until I read his obit on the Dillon web site I didn't realize that the Dillon mini gun was developed by the same company. Definatly a gret company that backs their poducts. The no BS warranty wasva game changer in the reloading industry.

Back