RIO Musket caps

tranders

Any experience with these musket caps?

Back of the package says Shuetzen made in the EU by MAXAM Outdoors.

RWS are hard to find and the CCI Reenactor caps don't work very well in my opinion.

Thanks!

I bit the bullet and ordered 5k Remington #10 caps from here:
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.c...ps-and-primers

How much is their hazmat and shipping? My problem isn't obtaining caps, it's obtaining them without getting raped. It wasn't that long ago that I could buy them for $39.95/1000 at a local vendor. Since the .22 LR and pecussion cap shortage a few years ago, they've gotten stupid expensive. It actually costs less to just buy 9mm ammo for a Glock than it does to buy the components needed to load a cap and ball pistol. That just ain't right.

Placed the order on March 9, 2018

5k Rem #10 price was $237.92 (currently $242.89)

Hazmat $28.00
Shipping $10.16
Insurance $2.25

Total to my door = $278.83
/ 5000 x 100 = $5.57 per tin of 100.

You might sign up for their emails, I imagine like everyone else they do free shipping or free hazmat sales.

Last edited:
Staying on point

Fellas, the OP is referring to "Musket Caps" ….. ;)

tranders
I have used these as well as others and I honestly can't say that any of them have given me, any issues. Must caps can become contaminated as opposed to primers. ….. ;)

If you want to compare any cap, there is a way to do it but you have to define a standard, Like the RWS's or whatever you currently have faith in. …. :)

Be Safe !!!

Never come across RIO m/caps in the shops I visit. I gave up shooting such caps a few years back. At that component shortage time I installed Mag Spark nipples in all my rifles.
209 shot shell primers that the Mag Sparks fire-up where readily available when #11 and musket caps weren't. i.e. those shortage times.

I'm really thinking of getting a Mag Spark for my percussion rifles, simply because the price of #11 percussion caps has gone to the moon. I can buy Cheddite 209 shotshell primers for about $26.95/1000 at the local Cabelas, the same store wants $8/100 for #11 percussion caps.

Back