Rings/Base Suggestion for Vortex PST 6-24 FFP

ADClope

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Vortex PST 6-24 FFP. I'm currently leaning towards the Savage Stealth BA Creedmoor, but am also considering the RPR. Folks seem to be pretty split on the two rifles, so I'm still still up in the air on that, suggestions recommended lol.

But my other question is in regards to the rings and base. My local range only goes out to 300 yards, so the majority of my shooting will be at that distance, but I would like the option to go out a little further at times in the future. The stock rail on the Savage is flat, but at this distance I don't think I'll need to switch to a 20 MOA rail, the longest range within driving distance is only 600.

So, for rings, I believe the PST is a 30mm tube. I was looking at the Larue LT104 set. It's kinda pricey at a little over $200, but if it's worth it, that's fine.

Just wanted to get some opinions.

Thanks

I have that scope on a Cooper MDL 22,6.5-284, Montana Varminter stock. Cooper supplied the bases, offered either Leupold or Tally. I chose The Leupold. Easier to get rings for locally.

I had to to use the highest mounts Leupold had for 30mm.

Overall I think I like the PST FFP. The eye relief is far from perfect. Glass is good, not great. All the adjustments are tight and repeatable. It's great features for the price, IMO.

I used a Nightforce 20 MOA base with Badger Ordnance rings on my 6.5 CM Savage 12 LRP. I think they were medium height.

Evry reply will be diffrent,
I have had no issues with EGW bases and burris signature zee rings,
The type that have 4 screws in the ring halves.

Burris signature XTR rings.
Because the polymer insert makes it so you do not need to lap the rings and a little pressure will keep the scope in place so no need to screw it down too tight.
Next reason is because you can add up to 40 moa of elevation or windage without messing with your base.

As for the base, just get one that will work with your ring selection

I like the Burris Signature XTR as well. I tried a scope with a LaRue LT104 mount already installed and it was too high for my rifle. I like that mount and use them on my ARs but it didn't work on my Savage .308 bolt.

Back