Rings and base for rem. 700 sps tactical 223

cjaymiller

Inactive
I recently purchased a Remington 700 SPS tactical 223. I am buying a Nikon m223 scope for it. Any opinions on rings and base for under $100. I will be shooting for distance 500-1000 yards (targets). Any help would be greatly appreciated..

In 1978 I put together a rifle to be used in LE Counter Sniping. It was a Remington 700 Varmint in 223, using a Redfield Fixed Power Widefield scope and Redfield One Piece Mount & Rings.

I still have that rifle, we are both retired to PD shooting. It still works, its held up a long time through some pretty rough use.

Heck I even took it to some NG drills and Jumped with it.

I think EGW sells a 1 piece picatinny base for around $40. And Weaver has 4 bolt picatinny rings for around $30.

Or you can do a Redfield mount. Or you can try the integral style. They'll basically all do the job.

I prefer picatinny setups because they give me a bit more flexibility when positioning scopes.

I have the same rifle. I went with a DNZ Gamereaper. I couldn't be happier with it. On my 10FP I went with the EGW 20 MOA picatinny rail. The EGW rail is a quality product.

CJ, I tried to look up the moa count and I can not find it out do you know just how many it has? If it has less than you would need to reach 1000k then the ticket maybe a EGW picatinny rail with a 20 moa built into it will be required and the Burris Extreme rings are fine rings will hold it like a rock. Happy shooting....

Another +1 for the EGW 20MOA base and the Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings.
I've never had problems mounting scopes with those rings in either 30mm or 1" versions. They have good bolts/screws and a long bearing surface that is quite well machined.

Back