Rifles From Steves Guns

CMGibson

I see he sells the Rossi Levers at his site. Anyone know if he sells them with the action work already done or is it special ordered along with the gun?

Maybe this is my answer to getting a lever action in my hand.

It's been a while since I talked to him, but from what I remember, if you want a rifle he'll be happy to do any action work before he ships it out. Call him and talk with him. I'm sure that he'll do just about anything you want, from a bare-stock rifle to a full-house race job.

If I wanted a Model 92, Steve is the guy I'd go to.

While Steve (aka Nate Kiowa Jones if you see that) may--or may not--be willing to accommodate a no-mod's request (I don't recall) I think the basic idea for most going to him for a purchase is his handy work to go along with it, at a minimum steel mag follower to replace the factory plastic, and some basic action tuning. Yes, he is considered to be "the" 92 go-to guy. www.stevesgunz.com

In the cowboy action shooting world, NKJ is the "Yoda" of the 1892.

If you are buying a rifle but don't intend to shoot cowboy action, AND you are reasonably proficient in tinkering with guns, you might want to buy Steve's DVD and fix the gun up yourself.

My 92 was stiff when I got it. So stiff you had to slam the lever down hard to get the lifter to come up. I filled the action with white lithium grease and worked it a few hours. Now it will feed cartridges with one finger as fast as you want to work it.

Back