Rifle sling repair

Fuzzymaster

This may not belong here, but, I have a rifle sling that has threadred fittings on each end to make the two loops. I am missing one of them and would like to find a new. Any ideas what these are and where I could find one?

They are called chicago screws, big head on both ends, one has female threaded shank, the other part has male threaded shank. Often found in older hardware stores, any place that makes dog collars has them, leatherworking supply places, also www.castbullet.com has many kinds of odd hardware such as this. On this one Junior passed away but his daughter is keeping the business running. I suggest that when you find what you want put a drop of blue loc-tite on the threads so it won't loosen. GW

I have matte silver, shiny silver (with little engraved end) or black.
It you can live with that give me a mailing addy & I'll send you one.

It's not called a sex screw. Geez! They're called Chicago screws or screw posts. Lee Valley Tools, Tandy's and any other fastener place will have 'em. Size matters. They come for different thickness of what they hold.

The local(if 40 miles away is local) Farm & Home store sells "chicago screws" in their tack department. Ace hardware in same town has a bigger selection.

A local shoe repair shop can sew it for a couple of bucks. It will be permanent, but if you have no need to take it apart it works just fine. It depends on the design or the sling.

Back