Rifle matches in Montana?

HAMMER1DOWN

Hey everyone. i have been shooting rifles since I was little and have been wanting to try out a few rifle matches. I am a reloader always have been and want to test my skills on the bench and the rifle against others. But the only thing is that I live in the middle of nowhere Montana and I don't hear about any matches. So I was wondering if anyone here knew of matches that I can get into.

first you'll have to decide what you want to compete with.
sporter rifle
benchrest
vintage military rifle
rimfire rifle
skeet shooting
cowboy action
3 gun.
appleseed

each one is a different kind of competition. 3 gun and cowboy action are faster paced courses while vintage military and sporting rifle matches tend to be slower paced and put more emphasis on marksmanship than just getting shots down range. where at in MT are you located? if you're near lolo and don't mind a commute over the pass into ID, my range is having a CMP vintage military shoot next weekend in lapwai ID.

I have dabbled in 3 gun down in Colorado and liked it a lot. But I would like to compete with my .308 Rem 700. Would like to shoot fromv500 to 1000 yards. I am not to terribly far from Idaho. I live in Shelby, MT.

Back