Rifle carrier build for range cart

BPCR45

Inactive
Just wanted to share this project idea. I could never find a range cart to my liking, so I modified a wagon.

The wagon is from Northern Tool
Poly Garden Wagon item #143307, and Plastic Rails item #1433070.

Materials used:
4 – 1x2x6’ pine
1 – 1x8x4’ pine or aspen
8 – 3” mending plates w/ screws
4 - #6 x 1 ¼” flat head screws
4 - #6 x 2” flat head screws
Paint (or wood finish)

Glue the two sets of 1x2 together so you have two 6’ 2x2s

Cut three 10’ pieces and two 20” pieces out of each 2x2

Router a ¼” wide by ¾” deep slot into the center of the six 10” pieces

Size the 20” pieces by laying the three 10” pieces on the cart rails and marking them (approximately 18 ½” long with around a 35 and 58 degree miter)

Assemble the three 10” and two cross supports using the 3” mending plates and glue

Size the 1x8s to each bottom piece and mark to cut (approximately 22 ¾”)

For the barrel end of the cases, cut the height of one 1x8 to around 5” and using a hole saw and jigsaw cut out the rests approximately 2 1/2” wide leaving about 1 ¾” from the bottom (the center spacing will be around 3 ¼” and 8 ½” from each end)

For the butt end of the cases, cut the height of the other 1x8 to around 6” and using a hole saw and jigsaw cut out the rests approximately 3 ¾” wide, leaving about 1” from the bottom (the center spacing will be around 3 ¼” and 8 ½” from each end)

Use the flathead screws and glue to attach the rests to the plates. The 1 ¼” screws go through the center of the channel and the 2” screws go through the center of the 1x2

Finish as desired (I used forest green Rustoleum industrial enamel after a primer)

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 44
Nice job. Most of the range carts I see are "golf club style" - rifles pointing up. I'm thinking I really like it with the rifles horizontal.

Back