Richard's Micro-fit Stocks

KYE-OAT

Recently I ran across an ad by this company.......it looked inticing, especially when you figure doing the bedding job yourself....Any Opinions...anyone's rifle currently wearing one of these stocks??

Richards Microfit

KYE-OAT,
I have two of the Straight-line Thumbhole Varminters that I use for prairie dogs and bench shooting. I like these stocks and believe the price is right if you can do all the fitting and finish work. These are NOT drop-in by any means and do take some work to complete, but I like having the extra amount of wood that is on them so I can shape to my own liking.

Richards site is at: www.rifle-stocks.com

I can send you pics of my stocks if you would like to see them on a couple different actions.

KEY:
I have use Richards stocks on many rifles, when I was in business, and found that they are woth the money. His designs are very functionable, give that custom look and in particular, the wood is of excellant grades. Mineral stripe shows well and makes a beautiful gun.

HJN

Kye-oat, to just echo what Harley said, I've used a lot of them. They are a bit more work than some but worth it considering the price.

Fat Cat, get a copy of Riflesmithing by Jack Mitchell. It covers inletting very well and he shows the same method I use for finishing stocks. George

Pics of My Two Rifles with Richard's stocks.

This is a Rem 788, fitted with 700VLS barrel chambered in .260 Rem.

View

This one is a Mossberg 800A with bull fluted in .250AI.

View

Wow!

EUROMAN,

Dang them are nice stocks tho' !! Many thanks for the beautiful pictures.....That pretty much seals the deal then....I'm Getting some Stocks from Richard's, FOR SURE!!

Back