Rexio revolvers

I'm a new member, enjoying the flow of info and the give and take of those writing opinions and replies. Now I have a specific question that's rather time sensitive.

My main auto malfunctioned at the range today leaving me without a pistol for the Pin/Steel matches we have every weekend. The factory will take a month to fix it. I live in Maryland so waiting periods and one gun per month slows down easily replacing the damaged piece on short notice. I'm leaning toward buying a revolver this time. Lots of choices but guns must be on the Md Hangun Roster. Rexio is.

I've found Rexio on the web. http://www.rexio.com. They list at $165. Specs shown, photos available. I've seen them offered as specials at Natchez Shooting. They are on page 49 of the March 12 Shotgun News as part of an ABN Sports bankruptcy sale through G-U Wholesale, website http://www.guwholesale.com.

I've seen offers for Rexio revolvers as low as $100 (about the price of a Makarov) in 22lr and 38spc, with/without target sights, with 3"/4"/6" barrels, wood/rubber grips, nice old fashioned specs. The photos look good. They seem to be of Brazilian manufacture like Taurus, Rossi, S&W designs. The prices are great for my limited budget but no price is low enough if the piece is poorly made.

I could stand to buy some well made but inexpensive revolvers for range use. Full price slows me down. I have a long list of pistols I would like to buy as money comes available but a cheapy would fit in rather easily.

I did a search on TFL and found a few old posts. Any new info anyone can supply would be most appreciated. I have more needs and wants than money.

Thanks, Herb

I wouldn't buy a Rexio...

...after handling several. They seem very poorly made and their durability is suspect if you can believe those who have actually owned and shot them.

How about a nice used Ruger or pre-sellout Smith?

You'd be much better off buying an EAA Windicator series revolver.They don't cost much more,and are much higher quality(made in Germany).That is of course if the peoples republic has them on their list!

Herb, welcome to the board! There are many used revolvers out there in good condition, and you should be able to find a S&W model 10 in the low-mid $100s. I recently bought a very nice model 15 (38 Special) for $179. Many of these used S&W revolvers are police trade-ins, which means they've probably not been shot much, but might have some holster wear at the end of the barrel. Just be sure to test it before buying: check how clean the barrel is. Does the cylinder lock up tight when the trigger is pulled back? How is the trigger? A used S&W should have a nice trigger.

Or if you want a good reliable gun for a great price, look into a Bulgarian makarov in 9X18.

I'd have to agree with the rest of the guys here. I haven't had any firsthand experience with the Rexio but I have with a fair bit of other revolvers (Rugers, Smiths and Taurus)and if you're anywhere near the $150-$175 range I'd say go for a used Smith or even a used Taurus.

I bought an unissued S&W Model 10 that had been bought for the Royal Hong Kong Police for $179 a few years back. Superb revolver. It was like new and has been a great shooter. It actually surprised me how well a fixed sight skinny barrel Model 10 would shoot.

At another point I picked up a great used Taurus Model 83 (4" heavy barrel, stainless with adjustable sights) for $169. It also proved to be a great shooter although I later moved it to get something else I had on my list.

Point being though, there are a lot of good used revolvers out there pretty near to your price range that seem to have a better track record for reliability and accuracy than the Rexio's.

Back