Revolving rifle identification

Sundance1313

Inactive
Hello experts,

I found this at my local shop for 2,000.00. It says Texas Rangers on the top. It has no other markings, no serial numbers, nothing. It is carbine length and seven shot percussion. It looks to be about .45 - .50 cal. When you cock the hammer the cylinder rotates left. I have attached on photo as that was all I have. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? It is quite old but I feel it functions properly and would shoot. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 120
Does not match any Colt or other US revolving rifle in Flayderman.

"Texas Ranger" is the logo on an European knockoff of a Colt Lightning, I suspect this of being something similar.

Back in 1966/7 a little old lady asked me for help getting rid of her late husbands guns. Turned out he was a collection of Colt revolving rifles. I told her they were worth a great deal of money but she wanted to turn them into the police, regardless of worth. I called a cop buddy of mine and he came over with his squad car and we loaded the rifles, over 20 to be exact into into vehicle. The deal was we were to split the haul. He reneged on the deal and kept them all for himself. Needless to say our friendship ended rather abruptly.:mad:
Paul B.

Odd

Looks to me like the frame from a percussion revolver, with a longer (rifle?) barrel attached, and the hammer and rear receiver from a single barrel, cartridge shotgun. Homemade Frankenstein gun?

Twenty bucks tops in my book.

Back