revolvers

oldbear1950

I have three wheel guns. An Uberti EL PATRON in 45 colt, a Ruger Security Six
38/357, and a Tauras 22/22 mag. I reload for the EL PATRON AND THE SECURITY SIX. I shoot them a lot.

I have a Uberti Cattleman in 45 Colt, a Uberti 357 Bisley and 3 Uberti 1858 Remiogtons (and more but that's the hand I'm playing) . . . .

So . . . that's three of a kind which trumps 3 "not of a kind" . . . . I guess I get the "pot" in the center of the table? :-)

I have a few revolvers, 5 or 6 I think. I don't reload anymore but probably should. I am working from memory so don't take anything I have said as fact.

If you shoot very much you need to learn to reload. Lots of money to be saved. I have guns from many different manufacturers in many different calibers. Most are revolvers, a couple are SA's. Basically you can improve your rounds per month. You could also {potentially} improve your accuracy.

I used to reload but stopped. I have all the equipment. I am thinking I may start back with 30 06 so I build the best load for my Garand.

I've got a Ruger Super Blackhawk .454 Casull, Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt, Ruger Security Six .357 magnum, Ruger Bearcat .22 LR. My wife has a Ruger GP100 .22 LR and a Ruger Single Ten .22 LR. We also have a High Standard .22 LR. I reload for all of them.......Well, not the .22 LR's.

H&R Sportsman .22, Ruger Single Six .22, S&W M&P .38 special, S&W model 10-5 .38 special, S&W 637 .38 special, Uberti Richards Mason .38 special, S&W 1926 3rd model .44 special, Uberti/Cimarron model P 44-40. Five or six cap and ball revolvers.

A Revolver
by Carl Sandburg

Here is a revolver.
It has an amazing language all its own.
It delivers unmistakable ultimatums.
It is the last word.
A simple, little human forefinger can tell a terrible story with it.
Hunger, fear, revenge, robbery hide behind it.
It is the claw of the jungle made quick and powerful.
It is the club of the savage turned to magnificent precision.
It is more rapid than any judge or court of law.
It is less subtle and treacherous than any one lawyer or ten.
When it has spoken, the case can not be appealed to the supreme
court, nor any mandamus nor any injunction nor any stay of ex-
ecution come in and interfere with the original purpose.
And nothing in human philosophy persists more strangely than the
old belief that God is always on the side of those who have the
most revolvers

the Sandburg work, to me, seems pretty focused on the negative...to be expected, I suppose....:rolleyes:

God is on the side of those with the most revolvers?? New one to me...of course, its just a rephrasing of old beliefs.

God in on the side of big battalions
God is on the side with the most artillery
Gott mit Uns!
God and country!

I've got no proof, of course, but it seems to me that God in "on the side of" who ever claims it. And, I think, on the other side, as well.

Which kind of makes it a null point, to me. reminds me of something I learned as a child. ALL prayers are answered, though sometimes, the answer is "no". ;)

"The Devil's Right Hand
The Devil's Right Hand
It can get you into trouble but it can't get you out . . ."

Steve Earle

Revolvers, Revolvers? Last count north of 60 S&Ws. All Ks and Ns, except 1 J. Also have 3 old Ruger 3screw SAs and 2 Colt DAs.

Adventurer 2: I grew up in Sandburg country and went to school in his birth town of Galesburg, Illinois. I had never seen this poem before and I thank you for posting it.

S&W mod 586-4 L frame 6" .357 Mag, Ruger GP100 Match Champion .357 Mag, RIA M200 .38 Spl, Colt Agent 2.5" .38 Spl, Ruger Wrangler 22LR, Heritage RR 22LR/22WMR both 6" and 4.75"

Back