Revolvers I wish I hadn't sold

Don S

In my case, that's a S&W 29 8 3/8 inch, which I sold to a friend about four years ago. I had the gun since '79.

I was tired of the long barrel, and considered having it shortened. But a friend wanted it, and I sold it to him. Now I wish I still had it, but I'd have the barrel chopped back to about 5 inches. Sigh.

FWIW, over the years I've traded away a 4-inch blue Python, a really nice Detective Special, a 4-inch .45LC Anaconda, and a 6-inch nickel Model 27--and am still kicking myself for all of these dumb trades. :rolleyes:

Dan Wesson M-15-2 with 2.5" & 4" vented & weighted barrels. I sold it to one of my best friends in 1980 to finance a marriage and move. I've long ago gotten rid of the wife, but I can't talk Dewey into selling me my Dan Wesson back. That gun would put Remington 158 gr. JSP's into one hole groups at twenty-five yards all day long.

S&W M-19, 4" barrel. One of my cousins was asking advise on what gun to buy and how much to pay. I showed him my
M-19 and told him a fair price. Next thing I knew, he was waving a wad of cash in my face and I could not resist. I still would love to replace it.

Doc Hudson

Doc,
I just traded for a S&W K19 nickel NIB that was made in 1973! Don't give up, because they are still out there.
I once sold a M1911 nickel series 70 that I bought new. What a dumb move!!

Model 13 4" with a sweet trigger. Model 60 police trade-in with "NY-1" on the frame under the crane.

Strangely enough, I ALSO had an 8&3/8 inch Model 29 that I sold...purchased new in 1976, it was "pinned and recessed", w/ BEAUTIFUL bluing...VERY accurate, too...but I HAD to have a .410 1100 when I started shooting Skeet in the late '70's...WISH I had the 29 back!
I also had TWO of the 686's that were made for the Customs Service...a three-inch AND a four-inch...both NIB...sold them both to co-workers in a moment of weakness...and they WILL NOT sell them back...even for a profit! Oh, well...live and learn, I guess....mikey357

I wish I hadn't sold a S&W Model KTX. It was made for the Air Force in the late 50's and all but about 4 of them were destroyed. It isn't in the blue book but in Supica's book, it is worth over $5K.
With my discount, I paid something like $58 for it in 1962 and sold in 67 for $75.

Revolvers long gone

Not a one. I have sold/traded some of my autoloaders but I have kept all of my wheel guns (18 or so)............Mike

An old Detective Special with the Colt hammer shroud and a Model 13 3" "FBI Gun" top my list of late and lamented wheelguns. :(

A six inch Ruger Security Six. I sold it to a buddy of mine on the condition that he sell it back if he ever got tired of it. Well he put the factory grips back on it and his wife fell in love with it. Needless to say she got custody of the Ruger in the divorce. :D Hell of it was she could outshoot both of us with it.

S&W Pre-War .357 Magnum, Model 25 Auto Rim, Model 35, Model 43 Kit Gun, Model 51 Kit Gun, Model 57 4", Model 27 3.5" with factory gold bead sight. Enough to make one sick.....

Colt King Cobra, 6" stainless. I'd like to replace it with a 4".

Taurus M44CH 3" stainless. A .44 Magnum DAO snubbie with a SWEET trigger pull. I really need to try to buy that one back.

Back