Revolver Schematic - H&R Sportsman - !!%**!

AKGunner

I have... I mean my friend has an old 22 caliber revolver. You see his problem is that he took the guts out of the revolver to clean it and he can't get it back together. It's in a bunch of pieces on my bench... I mean HIS bench. Does anyone know where I could find a schematic to get this *%%!! thing back together!

Okay, I admit it. I did it!!! I'm so ashamed. :o Help please.

H&r And Ij

those are the hardest little suckers to put together I have done it to a hundred and it aint easy.so much better to take the grips of and flush out.
:rolleyes:--:confused:----:D

H&R assy

I just bought a basket case 929 last week.

I think my wife learned some new words while I was putting it back together. She had to add a 3rd hand on several occasions, not to mention helping my look for parts that had shot over my shoulder.
And I am still not confident I got the right springs in the right places.
It did not help that there were extra parts.

The only guide I found was in a Firearms disassembly book I had on the shelf.
It just told the steps to disassemble. The last line was "Assembly is the reverse of disassembly".

Now THAT's a lot of help!! :confused:

One of us needs to write up a very detailed assembly instruction, with hints and maybe helpful tools

I have owned several H&R's and have one now that works without problems. It is Ca. 1960 and has never been apart. First thing that scares me is all those pins instead of screws. I have a set of punches for round head pins but so far I have not had even the inkling of an urge to take one apart!

Don't mean to start up dead topic but has anyone ever found detailed disassembly instructions for H&R pistols especially the Model 199

capt14k, I'm not sure that there are any good books with the full info on the take down and assembly. I do know that on these, you have to use slave pins to get the trigger guard and components back into the frame during reassembly. That is the key to their assembly.

I would check Cornell Publications for any reprints of H&R manuals, or look for videos on the 199, etc. About all H&R revolvers work in the same manner, and are assembled the same.

Back