Revolver Magazine Issue Alert!

Guy B. Meredith

Okay, some of you have been asking where the revolver info has gone.

So if you really like revolvers it sounds like the February issue of Handguns is for you. Publishers don't like revolver oriented issues as they feel they don't sell. Now you can cast your vote for more revolver coverage.

Per the International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts' (ICORE) latest issue of The Cylinder's Turn, Handgun magazine's February issue will be featuring a cover with either Jerry Miculek or the 627 V-Comp (gotta love that gun) he used to create three world records: 8 shots on (high scoring points) target in 1 second, 2 shots on each of 4 targets in 1.03 seconds and 12 shots from 625 with reload in 2.99 seconds.

I got my copy in the mail yesterday. Both Miculek and the 627 are pictured on the cover. The issue also contains a five page article on the 1999 International Revolver Championships held last July.
(For you SIG fans, the February issue also contains a five page article on a SIG 210 customized by Wayne Novak.)

I picked up a copy on the news stand today. Thought it wouldn't be out until January.

It was mentioned in The Cylinder's Turn that magazine people are reluctant to do revovler issues. Amusing to note that all the sub-titles on the cover are Glock and 1911 and the "special 1911 section" inside. Aaarrrrghh! Marketing strikes again!

However, they did end up with three articles on ICORE/IRC and Jerry Miculek. The Ruger sponsered section also highlights revovlers.

Good start.

Anyone who thinks an eight shot N frame .357 Magnum is not an extremely effective combat hangun is not living in the real world.

and they are really pretty too........

S&W627pc.JPG

Robert

Back