revisiting ranger m36a / marlin 80

i just inherited a ranger m36a

i started doing homework, and found that this is a sears house brand, made by marlin.

But then I started to really study the marlin 80's, and I'm seeing some differences. I put a good eyeball on the bolt, and discovered that this bolt I have looks very much like something winchester would have done.

So, here I am again, stirring the same old pile of poo of the "ranger" line of arms. Most of my trouble with really being able to identify just what exactly it is that I have, is because I can't seem to find close-up pictures.

You can find close-up, clear pictures of the barrel and the bolt by looking at www.vibratingwheel.org/ranger22.htm For you dial-up internet folks, I'm sorry, but it will take a few minutes for it to load up completly for you.

stocktiny.jpg

barrel1tiny.jpg

bolt2tiny.jpg

Last edited:
thank you

thank you for the reply. this one looks a bit different from the others that I have seen pictures of, which makes me think that this is either more vintage, modified, or not modified where as others have been tinkered with. Your opinion?

Perhaps that is how Marlin made them for Sears, or it is an earlier or later production model. I am not a Marlin collector or expert.

Back