Reviews on Ruger LCP II easy rack .22?

I only have two, but they have both proven reliable. Magazines are a bit harder to load than most .22s, but other than that, I enjoy them. Both shoot to point of aim for me, at 25 feet.

My wife has one in her purse as her EDC. She really hates recoil so this little gem was perfect. It has eaten everything we have fed it and so far, no problems! I'd buy another one in a heartbeat!

Joe

Mine is headed back to me tomorrow, after heading off to Ruger the day after its purchase. It had light strikes, and couldn't feed Mini-Mag's or Punch.

It IS a very nice size for CC, has nice sights (for what it is), a decent trigger and seemed inordinately accurate....when it fired.

I'm hoping Ruger can make it run, because I really liked the little guy....when it fired.

Larry

As a follow-up: the LCP II came home yesterday (really nice turnaround on Ruger's part) with a new slide and a sheet showing it was test fired with 30 rounds of 'brass cased Aguila' ammo.

First 2 mags (CCI Mini-Mag HP) had several FTF and two light strikes; I was not impressed.

Then went through ten mags of Velocitor and Punch without a single issue, so I'm just considering the Mini-Mag's a no-go for this gun. Still shoots really well for what it is, and really impressed me.

I'm glad Ruger got this running; the overall package is so small, light and slim it's pretty amazing.

Larry

hmm...Minimag is the gold standard. You've got a hyper velocity round and an over priced nickle round working. I would send it back again until Mini-Mag was working?

hmm...Minimag is the gold standard. You've got a hyper velocity round and an over priced nickle round working. I would send it back again until Mini-Mag was working?
Is this the deal with .22 semi's now? You have to send them all back to the manufacturer and tell them to make it work with a specific ammo?

If the manufacturers are willing to do it that way, I think it would be a solution to the problem, but I doubt that's how it's done. If it won't eat Mini Mags then use a different ammo.

I went thru a lot of different brands for a Taurus .22 I have and finally found a bulk Federal ammo it liked. That being the case, it's for sale, I can't justify keeping a gun that works with one ammo that isn't common or one of the few .22's that's on my preferred list.

I don't think I'll be sending it back to Ruger...every rimfire I've ever owned has had ammo preferences, and stuff it fed/fired better than others; this one is just uncommon because CCI is generally the most reliable .22 in the majority of guns.

Working with the two types of ammo most likely to get used in it (that Punch is pretty impressive, and Velocitors have always been recognized as very energetic) is fine with me; in fact, in this type of pistol I'd be more upset if only standard velocity target ammo worked in it, because that's now what it's going to be used with.

Larry

Put another 50 Velocitors through the little guy today, all without issue.

Getting used to the sight picture with the small, but useable, sights:

Larry

Last edited:
Back