review request: sigpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootist16

I am looking for a new duty pistol. I asked about the Beretta Cougar in another thread and based on the results the Cougar is out. Anyone care to comment on the sigpro? I have owned several Sig's and have generally been impressed with the quality. My dept only authorizes 9mm and thankfully the sigpro should be available here in the US in 9mm shortly.

------------------
-Dennis

We have just finished transitioning to the
Sig Pro for our Police dept. ( 65 officers )
We had very few problems and we shot 2-300
rounds per person for some and 750 rds per person for officers new to Semi-autos. We used Zero 180gr.40 cal ammo and probably had
1 boner out of 30,000. I like the SigPro
and its diferernt grips makes this gun fit
just about everyone.

Good Lord, don't rule the Cougar out so quickly simply based on responses. It's an incredibly accurate and reliable gun... The ergonomics are what you should look for when choosing between it and the Sig. For both accuracy, reliability, and reduced "felt recoil" I'd go for the Beretta.

I've heard that the SigPro was not up to the standard set by their previous 228, 229 etc.

Anyways,
Ben

------------------
Besides, I didn't become a "Senior Member" by sitting around!
:)
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

A fellow officer has one. Just from handle it for a few minutes, I believe that I like the alloy Sigs better, but I don't think that you can go wrong with any Sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back