Retro-fitting older Glocks with rails?

tank1949

I am trying to find the best rail system to retro-fit an older Glock 17 so that I can mount a light/laser combination under barrel/frame. I assume aluminum material would be the best. I can drill and tap Glock frame if needed. I have located several options on the WWW, but most purchasers have provided mixed reviews. I want rail as close as possible to frame. Thx!

I can drill and tap Glock frame if needed.

Isn't that area where Glock puts it's serial number plate?

I've not seen any add on bolt on rail adapters (for pistols that don't have them) that looked like anything other than a kludge.
"A kludge or kluge (/klʌdʒ, kluːdʒ/) is a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain. This term is used in diverse fields such as computer science, aerospace engineering, Internet slang, evolutionary neuroscience, and government."

What he said. That dust cover acts like jello under recoil. I wouldn’t try adding anything to it. And, you’ll ruin the value of the gun.

Your best bet would be to purchase a Polymer 80% Frame with an accessory rail then use that.

Don't go butchering the frame of an older model Glock, possibly damaging it or destroying it in the process just so that you can attach a flashlight or laser to it which will just add weight to the gun and be practically worthless deadweight most of the time.

Your best bet would be to purchase a Polymer 80% Frame with an accessory rail then use that.

Don't go butchering the frame of an older model Glock, possibly damaging it or destroying it in the process just so that you can attach a flashlight or laser to it which will just add weight to the gun and be practically worthless deadweight most of the time.
To the last point, a firearm itself is dead weight most of the time. Most things are until you need them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Used Glocks are cheap. It shouldn't be too hard to find a newer G17 with rails in the $300-$350 range. I occasionally find them new for $400.

Back