Retailers that send promotional booklets to your mailboxes

Tool

Today, I just received a promotional booklet from MidWay USA in my mailbox. What are the other companies still doing this? Thanks.

Last edited:
I used to receive such mail from Midway, Sportsmans Guide, Brownells, and a host of other companies. I haven't been buying much since the COVID shut-down affected my disposable (and other) income, so it has tapered off considerably. I still receive reminders from several firearms- and firearms accessory-related companies. I consider it a feature, not a bug. I wish the companies from whom I used to receive such mail would continue, but I understand that it costs them money to send those things out, and they don't want to spend that money where there's no return on investment.

It's unfortunate that this is a red flag to your wife, but I don't think it in any way reflects poorly on the company(ies). If anything, I suggest that her objection might serve as a red flag regarding your relationship with your wife. Why you would choose to not do business with a company that values your business enough to inform you of deals and special offers is beyond my comprehension.

...this is a big red flag to my wife
Serious request:
Please give us a little background on her reaction & its cause.
(FWIW: my SIL had similar emotional views -- which was a little strange since my brother was a multi-silver-starred fighter pilot) :rolleyes:

That is a common business practice, as has been said. I have, at different times in my life, been pretty active in photography, wood carving, and wood working. Firms in all those fields sent me flyers and catalogues for a time after ordering equipment and materials. I still get a lot of ads from liquor stores. :D

I get a little aggravated with the flyers that have no prices for the items and they want you to go to their websites to see the "sale" prices.

I'd wish they just put the prices of the items in the flyer.

Midway is a good company, you do yourself no favor boycotting them over standard practice for any retail company. My email in-box runneth over!!! Not just from the retailers but also from most of the manufacturers as well.

I've gotten the same reaction as your wife's from one of my brothers. I bought his Christmas gift from Sportsmans Guide delivered to him in another state and he was getting their catalogue for a couple years after that. He's not a gun guy and was a little PO'ed by that. A nice bonus gift to me from SG :).

Back