Republican website asks who do you want for VP

Oatka

In marked contrast to the Democratic poll mentioned elsewhere, check out the Republican side.

They have an interesting list, including Harry Browne, Ross Perot, and Hillary(!!).
It looks like they compiled it from the "Other" box.

They also ask you why you want this person, so here's your chance.

I selected Alan Keyes for his stand on the Constitution and gun ownership (and oratory).

They also had a "What celebrity would you like to see as president?" (They've got some beauties). I put down Tom Selleck. http://www.republicans.org/2000pollvp.htm

They also ask for poll topics via editor@republicans.org

I asked for one about us needing ANY more gun control laws.

Finally, I noticed that when they asked for your address, they asked not for the city, but the "suburb". Freudian slip I guess. [wry :)]

------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

Not sure who these people are. From the republicans.org web site: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Disclaimer

The web site Republicans.org is not the official Republican National Committee site. Republicans.org is in no way connected to the Republican National Committe or any of its related or subsidiary bodies.

The opinions express within Republicans.org in no form whatsoever represent the Republican National Committee. The opinion has never been authorised as official Republican National Committe comment, opinion or policy. In no way, does Republicans.org seek to represent the Republican National Committe.

The web site is a privately owned media owned by Melissa Molloy. See the following. See NetworkSolutions.com records.[/quote]

And just who is Melissa Molloy? From Network Solutions' domain name registration records:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Registrant:
Melissa Molloy (REPUBLICANS18-DOM)
Po Box 669
Double Bay, NSW 2028
AU

Domain Name: REPUBLICANS.ORG

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Molloy, Andrew (AM2710) molloy@SYDNEYCITY.NET
612 9771 6958
Billing Contact:
Molloy, Andrew (AM2710) molloy@SYDNEYCITY.NET
612 9771 6958[/quote]

NSW, AU!? Is she an Aussy? Her internet host sure is. Kinda strange.

JimR

Oh, and from the disclaimer - "authorised?"
The person who wrote that was taught English English, as opposed to American English.

JimR

[This message has been edited by JimR (edited January 06, 2000).]

Mea Culpa. Thanks JimR for doing the detective work I should have done before posting.

I thought it was kinda odd that they were so even-handed with McCain.

While going through the drill with the DNC vote, I noticed that their address was
democrats.org, so for just grins I typed in republicans.org and got this site.

I wonder how many she's suckered in, and like
the rest, wonder what the intent is. That board represents a lot of work. Maybe a Demo Troll? (but in New South Wales, Australia?).
Maybe this is one for "Unsolved Mysteries".

Come to think of it, the Chinese were doing some Trolling a while back - think I'll drop Andy a line and see what's up.
------------------
The New World Order has a Third Reich odor.

[This message has been edited by Oatka (edited January 06, 2000).]

Back