Republic Arms 9&40s

radom

Anyone seen one of these South African guns or shot one? Fed Arms has them new at $189 in 9mm 0r .40 S&W. Seems to be a all steel single stack compact DA autoloader. In the poor cataloge picture it seems to look a bit like a SIG. I saw a add for them last year for a short time at around $300 a copy.:) Never have seen one of the guns though.

Thing is...

For under 200 bucks, it's hard to go wrong. If the pistol is a lemon, then you've lost some money, but not much, as far as guns go.

I just received my .40 and though i haven't shot it yet i am impressed with its build quality.Hard to find info on as you know.I called FAC to order a 9mm but they are gone.:(
The RAP.40 is a copy of the Astra 75 and a manual for it can be downloaded at EAA's website.Except for the serrations on the slide they appear identical.

Longshot,I dont know why Fed Arms is in the stone age and still does not have a web site. I guess they put more fath in mailings.:)

For a pict of the Republic Arms pistol go to the thread on the Arcus Hi-Power and use the link to Century Arms. There is a picture there under handguns in the FFL area.

Back