Reports on new SigPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

JERKY

Well i finally got my sigpro today. I shot 100 rounds through it with zero malfunctions. This gun feels and shoots like any other sig. They really have done a fantastic job breaking into the polymer market. The owner of the shooting range i go to, is a sig aurmor. He says these guns are made with the same quality and control as any other sig. And it shows. It shoots better than i can, and impressed me very much. I spoke with some people that said thier sigpro's didnt go into battery. Mine was flawless. I even tried to make it not go into battery and could not. I tried limp wristing and couldnt get it to malf. So i dont know what thier problems are.
Ohh i for got to mention the trigger. It was smoother than any 226,220 or 229 ive ever shot.

As far as R Guns INC., Well the gun was supposed to come with 2 mags. i only got 1. Ill be calling them monday. (cursing under breath) they are the worst gun dealer in the USA

------------------
TIM : )

Tim-
A gunstore here in PHX has the 2340 on sale with Trijicon night sights and 2 mags new for $519. Does that sound like a good deal? I don't have any experience SHOOTING a sigpro, but from handling 2 different 2340's at the shop, I'd have to say that the trigger felt LESS smooth than the 226 and 229 that I have. The trigger pull also felt heavier by about 3/4 lb. It looked like a well made piece, but the action also didn't feel as smooth as my alloy framed models. But I'll keep my ears and eyes, as well as my mind open, seeing as to how I hold Sigs in the highest regard.

Hey, you should keep us posted, because I have narrowed my next handgun purchase down to the 2340 and that crazy Magnum Research Pistol (not any of the eagle's) I forget the name
...unless I can find a good used model 19

[This message has been edited by Beretta Boy (edited November 25, 1999).]

Trigger pull on the SigPro is advertised
at 10lbs DAO and 4.5 lbs s/a the Sig Classics
s/a is rated at 4.4lbs and 12.2lbd DAO.

I think that trigger pull is subjective to the shooter. The USP 9 that I used to have boasted of similar trigger pull weights and qualities as that of the Sig p series, but IMO, without a doubt, the USP trigger didn't even come close. The trigger on the USP is what me sell it- I just couldn't shoot it as well as the Sigs. Just my 2 pesos worth (if you lived in PHX, you'd know what I mean) :)

Tim-A gunstore here in PHX has the 2340 on sale with Trijicon night sights and 2 mags new for $519. Does that sound like a good deal?

Mylhouse, Thats a great deal. i got mine for $400 without night sights. so $100 more for the sights is getting the gun for $400(since most night sights are $100) I would snatch it up. I know u wont be dissapointed.

Good luck. keep us updated.

P.S. thanks BOBO, I knew you would jump in there eventually. What do you think about the battery problem ?

------------------

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I bought a Sigpro through R guns as well; it probably came from the same batch. The workmanship was definitely not on par with my sig 226/220 sport. The slide had indelible marks on it that looked like dried water. The slide would not run smoothly along the rails and if racked slowly enough would catch in a non-firing position. The side of the polymer frame was "warped." If you run you finger along the side where there is printing, it was not completely flat. The platic polymer of the frame was slighly brown in direct sunlight, compared to the trigger or handle. The trigger felt more HK-like, and wasn't the ultra-smooth trigger that made Sig famous.

Does any of this affect performance? Nah. I've run 300 rounds through it without any problems. Accuracy is excellent, kick is quite brisk.

I think the problem with these guns is poor quality control. Sometimes you get a good gun, other times you get a lemon. I am use to getting a test target with new sigs --- my Sigpro doesn't look like it was even tested.

Anyone know where I can get cheap mags? When I ordered the gun from R guns, they made it clear only one mag would be sent, unless I was LE.

Not sure I would highly recommend the gun as it is now. I think the Glock 23 is a more mature .40 polymer product. I might wait for the SHOT show to see if Sig is going to offer an updated version of the Sigpro that has ironed out the bugs.

Jerky, use an energizer...never mind wrong
answer. Seriously I have seen the (out of) battery problem happen when some of our shooters put their offside thumb against the slide and it slowed the slide down to where
it would not go into battery. Also I have seen R/handed people place their trigger finger over the slide stop while charging
the weapon and causing the slide stop to
be pushed out of the frame enough to cause problems. Of course the infamous "Limp Wristing" can cause this also.

Ya know come to think of it. i remember mine having those "water type" spots on it too. the ones i saw were around the slide pins. I asked the sig guy and he said no biggie. Maybe ill be able to do smething with them. if not ill get the slide nickeled. i always wanted a two-tone sig.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back