Report on Beretta PX4 Storm!!!

Prof Young

Picked up the PX4 Storm today. Came with an extra larger back strap, a ten round mag and a 17 round mag, two cleaning brushes and mag loader assist thingy. ("Thingy," that's a technical firearm term isn't it?) Plus a cable gun lock and the manuals etc.

Shot 100 rounds of Blazer 115gn FMJ and 20 rounds of PMC 115gn JHP. Ran it against my Sig 365 (a much smaller gun). At seven yards I was very pleased at the groups I could create. I've owned a handful of 9mm semi autos including Springfield DMX, Glock P80 and Beretta 92FS. I immediately shot this gun more accurately than any of those on first try.

Sights are dead on. No jams, no fail to fire, no problems at all. Mags springs are not so stiff that it's hard to load. Decocker/safety works just fine. It's a touch "fat" with the double stack mags, and the decocker/safety plus the slide hold-back-lever stick out a bit. But thats all in the "eye of the beholder." I think it's a touch big for CC, but it does fit in my CC vest so . . .

Much less felt recoil than the Sig 365, but as noted above the Sig is much smaller.

On the down side, if you like to carry cocked and locked that is not possible with this gun.

This is a fine gun. I really like it and suspect it will be part of my "arsenal" for years to come.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Prof Young said:
Picked up the PX4 Storm today. Came with an extra larger back strap, a ten round mag and a 17 round mag

If new, a PX4 is supposed to have two extra back straps for a total of three sizes as shown in the picture below from Beretta's website.

What is the model number of your PX4? The PX4 used to be available as a 10-round model (JXF9F20) with 2 10-round magazines or a 17-round model (JXF9F21) with 2 17-round magazines.

Attachments

• px4storm_strap.jpg
    px4storm_strap.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I’ve been using a full size PX4 .40 as a duty gun for 5+ years and haven’t had a single malfunction that wasn’t my fault (once I didn’t seat the mag completely). While I’m not a fan of .40, the gun still performs very well.

It's nice to see hammer fired da/sa pistols on the market in a sea of strikers. I had a PX4 compact that I ended trading towards a USP at the time. It shot well, I believe I had the .40s&w. A Beretta 92FS is my house pistol, I really like Berettas. An APX centurion has been on my buy list for a while as it fits my hand great, but I have enough striker poly pistols at the moment. Enjoy your PX4! Remember you can get a CX4 carbine that'll take thesame magazines I believe.

PX4 Storm is an unsung hero. I’m glad we kept it that way for years as Glock and Springfield climbed the polymer ladder…but now they’re not making as many of them (if at all?) and they really should be.

My only complaint is the sharp edged batwing safety flip. Cuts into your belly and looks ridiculous too.

I’ve often thought about carrying it again (compact) even if it means a wardrobe change. It shoots better than any comparably sized pistola in my arse-nall.

P.S. they disassemble faster than a Glock.

Love mine. Used it for my ccw qualifying and everyone else was jealous of the accuracy. Mine came with 3 backstraps, but the medium fit perfectly. Less felt recoil is partially due to the rolling barrel.

I bought my PX4 Compact 9mm a decade ago and have yet to experience any issues. It's no longer my EDC, but this is only because my current work attire requires something smaller. I still take the PX4 to the range regularly, and just installed night sights. I rarely see anyone else at the range with one, but it's a fantastic shooter.

Definitely get the low-profile lever kit. It really streamlines the gun. It also converts it to decocker-only, which makes more sense with DA/SA.

I bought the full sized .40SW version as well as the CX4 Storm in first year production. I hated the "thumbhole" stock, so I quickly sold the CX4 but loved the PX4. Upgraded the iron sights with trijicon nightsights, and loved it even more. Recently bought a 9mm PX4 "parts kit" and a couple of mags and now I can shoot both calibers on this excellent platform.

Back