Report from the gunshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

huge

I just returned from a great gunshow in Mesquite, Tx. Unlike the most recent shows, there was a variety of neat guns at good prices. How about a Ruger P97 .45 for $299 NIB? Or a blued finish Springfield Armory Trophy Match .45 for $599 NIB. That particular .45 went home with me as it also had a perfectly checkered frontstrap, all the new Loaded features, and was tight as a tick. I also saw and tried the new Para-Ordnance LDA. It has the most AMAZING double action I have ever felt, revolvers included. It honestly felt like a silky 4 or 5 pound pull. All of my buddies who squeezed the trigger just started laughing out loud. If only my revolvers felt that good! Saw a bunch of the mossy camo Steyr mountain rifles, my personal favorite in a bolt action. Finally, spent some time with a couple who had a case full of NIB custom handguns. Wilsons, Tusseys, Baers, Caspians, a Mark Morris -- it was custom handgun wonderland. They also had a Bren Ten with 14 magazines, all NIB. All in all, a most delightful morning. Just thought I would share. God bless, Hugh

amalgam- They were asking 3K for the pistol and 14 new mags.

Jeff - I'm thinking of going back after church. I saw a customized Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter that looked interesting but I didn't have time to examine. If you come up, do yourself a favor and visit the couple in smaller hall. They are against the far wall in the front corner. It was fun just to look at the exotic stuff they had. I heard them say they had a Les Baer worked Browning Hi-Power. I didn't inspect it, my hands were glued to the Mark Morris 1911 at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back