Replica 1903A4 Sniper Rifle

Rifle?!, where do you get the scopes?

IMG_01550372.jpg

M1903A4SerialNumber.jpg

Either Hi-Lux is selling the M73G2 (replica of the M73B1) scopes individually, or I believe you can buy them through Gibbs Rifle Company along with the necessary reproduction rings.

Im glad that Gibbs is rebuilding these Rifles, alot of really good 1903 A3 service rifles were made into drill rifles. It seemed that it would have been better to turn the early serial numbered single heat treat rifles into drill rifles.
The 03 A3s had strong nickle steel recievers.
Its great that they are making functional rifles out of them again, kind of like breathing new life into them. They are beautifully restored, and Im quite sure are excelent shooting accurate rifles.

Slamfire, nice Z-stamped 03A4

Thanks. It is a CMP papered rifle. The barrel is original and so is the pitting .:(

I have not fired it, I will check on the leads for the scope.

I think I bought original rings back in the 90's. Just have to find them in my box of misc gun parts.

The real difference in the stock- for a real 03A4- is for the bolt handle cutout

I do not know if the Gibbs' reproduction bolt is faithful enough to an original to necessitate that modification

Thanks Sturmgewehre, thanks for the help.:mad:
Now are you going to help me with an explanation to my wife why I need another 03.;)

Back