Replacing Springs in S&W 629?

pinetree

I'm trying to smooth out my trigger a little. In looking at Wolff springs, they offer a "Power Rib Main Spring" . Does this help? Is it easy to replace? they also offer spring kits including the afore mentioned spring as well a hammer spring and others. I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,
tjg

no change springs....

If you like the gun and it is a shooter and you don't know how to take it down then you will not go wrong if you take it to a competent gunsmith and tell him to leave the springs Smith and Wesson put in it at the factory.
He will remove some coil rounds from the rebound slide and he will polish the bearing surfaces on the lockworks. He should not remove any metal--just polish it.
The rebound slide and main arch spring will last the life of the gun and I highly recommend just paying a good gunsmith for a one shot deal which last from now own.
Any Police Officer can tell you who does that job well.
It is not a big deal to do.
Don Mallard

Spring kits are easy too install IF you know how too take your revolver apart..if you never had the side plate off take it to a gunsmith.....

Spring kits are OK, but smoothing out the pull usually also entails polishing the rebound slide and some internal surfaces. Installing a spring kit is tricky (especially the rebound slide spring) if you haven't done it before,/.

Back