Replacing sights on Ruger MK II

Rob62

Here is a problem I am running into.

I have a Ruger MK II standard pistol. These pistols have fixed sights. Wanting to upgrade to adjustable sights I got a set of Ruger MK II adjsutables for their MK II "Target Model". Some of you already know where I'm going here.

Anyway, the front sight on the standard model and the target model are not the same. The std. model front sight is a lot thinner and lower than the front sight on the target model. In essence I can't use the factory target model front sight on my standard pistol.

Does anyone know for sure if a Millet front sight replacement blade advertised by Brownell's (for a MK II Standard pistol)will work with a Ruger factory adjustable rear sight on a MK II standard pistol?

(Problem is that that the factory standard front sight on my MK II standard pistol is to low to be used with the adjustable rear sight for a MK II Target pistol.)

TIA,

Rob

Rob, the best way to find out would be to contact Millet but I believe you'll find that it will be the same height. The answer to me would be to build up the existing front sight to the height you need. Your local smith should be able to do this for you but if you don't have anyone near you, feel free to e-mail me. George

Back