Replacement trigger for Ruger?

Timbob1

Inactive
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, and rather inexperienced to competitive handgun shooting. I have a ruger mark 111 competition model, and rather dislike the trigger pull, it's too hard, and making me jerk to the left.
Can anyone suggest a replacement trigger? I would prefer something as light as possible.
Thanks

Clark Custom Guns and Volquartsen both make triggers that should help. Just remember that the trigger pull on a .22 for NRA Conventional Pistol (Bullseye) must be at least 2 pounds.
Both are available through Gil Hebard Guns; phone (309) 289-2700, Brownells, Clark Custom Guns (www.clarkcustomguns.com) and probably Midway, but I did not check their catalog.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that there actually was a pound requirement. Hopefully with more practice I can overcome the trigger jerk.

No problem. If you go to the NRA website, they have posted the NRA Rule books for different disciplines. The trigger weight requirements are always in the Equipment section of the book.
For Bullseye, it's at least 2 pounds for the .22, two and half for Centerfire pistols and revolvers, and 3 and a half for the .45 auto.

The CMP has slightly different requirements. For EIC Leg Match pistols, the trigger weight has to be at least 4 pounds.

Back