Replacement Stocks - best bet?

Baboon

Inactive
Hi, all. My first time here - its great ... nice group. I have a 1974-ish Winchester 1200 12Ga. I want to pick-up a synthetic stock/forearm set for it. I just placed a post in the classified section of this fine Forum, hoping to find a "used" (or, not wanted) one. Can someone direct me to a good on-line dealer that might stock such stock sets ... just in case no replies come to my classified post?

Also, I am hoping that someone might have purchased a Defender and replaced its factory stock (and forearm)with a pistol grip or Speedfeed stock. I am "assuming" that the newer 1300's stock and forearm will fit my older 1200. (?) When I look in the catalogs (Cabelas, I think ???) at the aftermarket synthetic stocks, they list a unit for the "1200/1300". Has anyone actually put one of these on an older 1200?? (I'm just looking for reassurance that it will, indeed, fit right!)
Thanks!

I had a 1200 that wore an aftermarket stock. IIRC (and I may not) the stock had the 1200/1300 designation.

Check the retailer's return policy and try it out.

Giz

I have 2 1200's & 1 now wears 1300 synthetic hardwear. Bought a new 1300 take off stock on AuctionArms for $20.00 shipped & found a new Choate ringed forearm in a local gunshop's closeout bid for $2.00. The stock was a drop on & the forearm required a little dremel work in the action/pump arm area because on the heatshield I put on it. Finding these items took about a year but I did what I wanted to for under $25.00. Sometime projects just take a little longer than you like just to find the right price. Good luck with your project.

I just e-mailed you from your Classified post.

But if you just want the bare-bones factory stock set... this is all you...
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/winchester2.html

Factory stock and foregrip, synthetic, for $29.99 + $8.00 shipping from CDNN investments.

Sure, it may sound like shooting myself in the foot considering my e-mail, but this just sounds like exactly what you wanted without all the hassles.

take care, enjoy that "defender" you're making! Welcome to TFL!!!

[This message has been edited by Onslaught (edited November 01, 2000).]

Attn: Onslaught

Thank you for the lead. That website looks mighty intersting. I never did get an email from you.(?) I will email you, though.
Cheers,
The Baboon

Back