Replacement stock for Remington SPS 700

None of the above.

For design I like the archangel better, but it is $100.00 more and really make to be used with a much longer rifle (24 to 26 inches long).

The Axion would work better with a 20 inch barrel, but I am not impressed with the quality of plastic they use for $250.00.

Therefore "none of the above." Keep looking.
Jim

What is your price range. Bell & Carlson, Boyd's, Choate, McMillan, HS Precision & AICS.

Last edited:
A lot of people have a problem with HS Precision putting an endorsement from Lon Horiuchi in their catalog.

Evidently they pulled their head out of their posteriors and dropped him, but lots of gun folks have long memories......

Replacement Stock

You might consider McRee, there is no bedding required. One off the good points, you can take a rifle that is zeroed, remove and reinstall the barreled action, retorque the mounting bolts with out disturbing the zero point. I swap my 223 and 6.5CM once in awhile and its always held POI.

Easy to adjust and reconfigure for other shooters.

replacement stock for my Remington SPS 20" Tactical

I ended up buying the Archangel AA700 With the full aluminum bedding boxes. I have a extra 20 rd.mag coming in tomorrow. It feels as good as it looks. All it needs are some QD swivels and stud.Maybe a tiger strip DuraCoat paint job. Maybe two tone black and OD Green.
ArchangelRemington700308cal.png

majohnson

Hi majohnson, thanks for the suggestion of McRee stock.I have that kind of stock covered.
My Savage 10 BAS 308win rifle, with factory Savage stock. With folding stock.:p

I have the AA700 in BLK and love it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this stock. I have it mounted on my 20" .308. It is very comfortable. The only thing I wish is the spring inside to release the bipod legs threw them out more than what they do now.

So right now Im modding the detent to do that and have suggested it to the manufacture they do the same with the stocks coming out. However in order for them to know what im talking about I need to provide pics for them to view.

They are currently waiting on them now. I will do the mod tomorrow morning when its 80 deg's not 110 deg's... lol

Back