Replacement stock for mosin

Polinese

So in all likely hood I'll be picking up my first mosin in a couple weeks. However the few available where i am all have pretty crummy stocks. I know there are more modern drop in stocks available but does anyone make replacement copies of the original stock that i could get for a mosin to spiff it up?

You can find like-new mosins for $69.00. Why buy one with a crappy stock? A new stock will set you back enough to buy a new gun or a tin of ammo. Check out AIM Surplus or Centerfiresystems.

That's not what you asked though. You can buy OE stocks for $35 on Ebay as well. A plastic POS ATI Monte Carlo Stock is around $50 as well.

I'm a bit of a hypocrite though. My latest Mosin wears some fancy clothes :)

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwMTIxLTAwMzExLmpwZw.jpg

Last edited:
Not to be dumb, but Aim who? I'm considering getting a 91/30 and considering what I get I may leave it cleaned up stock or sporter it out some. Gun show coming to Hickory in a few weeks. That's where I was gonna look, but will consider other options as well. Thanks.

Aim surplus, first post to the thread. Though it looks like they're sold out of almost all their surplus rifles, pity.

Most gun shows around here (central NC) have crates of them for sale for $70.00 for ishvesk, and $100 or so for Tula hex recivers.

All the Mosin's I've seen have had excelent wood, but the bores are often dark.

Still a freind of mine recently found one with a pristine bore. Still lots of great ones out there if you dont mind digging through a crate of them. Bring a bore light!

Yeah check out J&G Sales. I was just up there this weekend and they have some great CS. I saw a couple Mosins leave while I was there. They are generally in good shape. When you find an FFL don't pay more then $30 for the transfer fee. It's definitely worth getting one online then getting a beat up one locally.
I just looked at AIM Surplus and it looks like you can get a cheap one for $70, a hex for $80 and have them hand pick your hex for an extra $10.
J&G has an even better selection then AIM.
I personally got mine for right at $100 from Big 5 because I figured by the time I paid for the FFL transfer from buying online it would be around $100 anyway.

I've only ever heard of big 5 online so I'm assuming we don't have them in communist NY, I was wondering what the going price for a transfer fee was. Those Czech Mausers on AIM are looking mighty appealing though too might be spring for that instead, heck maybe I'll toss the Mosin in too since it's only another 70 and i can get a PU scope from cheaperthandirt

Back