Replace sights on Sistema Colt

jim-alex

I recently purchased one of the Sistema model 1927 Colts. Very good condition, shoots well but the sights are so small I cannot see them very well. I want to replace them with a minimum of machining of slide.

I am thinking of the having a Millet front sight staked and Millet Series 100 adjustable installed for rear. I generally prefer adjustable rear sights but if there is a good rear fixed sight that uses the original dovetail I think I would give that a try first.

Any thoughts? Not fixed versus adjustable - just "what will fit this specific slide with a minimum of machining?"

Regards,
Jim

I think because of the age of the pistol (circa 1945 to 1950 I believe) the dovetail is considerably smaller than later 1911's - at least it looks smaller to me. I am just trying to minimize gunsmith labor charges - I was hoping there might be something that I could just "pop out old" and "pop in new". Anyone have a specific brand/model that fits ?

Regards,
Jim

JMBrowning:

Thanks for the name. I will check them out. I've been told MGW Ltd. has fixed sights that might fit. Stands for "Maryland Gun Works" - in Georgia ?

Thanks
Jim

Back