• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Repetitive threads - stop the insanity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keltyke

Can't the Moderators stop these endlessly repetitive threads such as the one that just appeared concerning the old, endless debate (in other words): "Are Taurus and Charter Arms handguns really that bad?" These "my gun is better than your gun" threads often degenerate into ******* matches and personal arguments. Some of these subjects have been beaten to death in just the short time I've been a member here. I cite a recent thread on a subject like this one where a Moderator had to admonish everyone posting to keep their arguments, opinions, and bashing to the gun itself, not the owners.

Now I realize a newbie might want to know this information. In that case, might I suggest a thread such as this be immediately closed and the appropriate links to already-existing threads be posted by a Moderator.

Someone just did a thread on repetitive threads last month.

Keltyke said:
In that case, might I suggest a thread such as this be immediately closed and the appropriate links to already-existing threads be posted by a Moderator.
:D

I agree..

Maybe the moderator could refer the poster to the older thread, then close the new one.

Also, what is up with the few new posters that fire repetitive questions one after another by starting multiple threads, then NEVER come back and ever answer any questions!!

Ah, come on, newbies come and newbies, ah come, and most every newbie asks basically the same questions. And everybody else groans, and a few somebodies show mercy and answer the posts. Like this really dereases your quality of life? Turn off the computer then.

Can't the Moderators stop these endlessly repetitive threads

Just like this thread is a rehash. Your request, if you had used your search feature would have turned up many many many threads requesting the same...the responses from the moderators would have answered your question quite quickly, thus negating the need for you to post yet another thread asking this very same boring old question!

"The moderators" do what they can to catch repetitive and duplicate threads.

We also do what we can to catch threads that devolve into petty bickering.

Sorta like this one.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back