Repairing 10/22 mags

WETSU

I originally posted this topic on the general forum hoping to cast a wide net, but maybe some of you gun tinkerers will be able to help. Does anyone know of a way to repair worn plastic 10/22 mags. I have a couple Butler creeks and Eagles that have worn or cracked feed lips rendering them useless. Since these go for upwards of $90 new on Auction Arms, I would think there would be a market for fixups at $30-$45 each? Any thoughts, any body doing this now?
Thanks.

Wetsu, this is just an idle thought. I don't know if it would work or not. You could try building up the lips with something like Accra Gel or Steel bed and then once it hardens shape like a good one. You might need to make some kind of mold. But as I said I have no idea if it would work or not. George

Don't Butler Creek and Eagle both offer lifetime warranties? (I HOPE they do, cause i've got a bunch of their mags!)

George. I had the same idea. I think that's what I might try to do. I'll let everyone know if it works. Wegee. They do have a lifetime warranty, the problem is, when I sent in a broken 30 rd. Eagle they sent me back two new 10 rounders, with a letter of explanation.

Back