Reorganizing after chaotic house move.

pathdoc

I think I have it almost all back together, but I'm getting a reality check here.

PRESS - check.
DIES - check.
POWDERS - check.
PRIMERS - check.
PROJECTILES - check.
SCALE - check.
LOAD MANUALS - check.
CASE LUBE/PAD - currently missing, but so old as to be worth replacing.
CASE RACKS - check.
CASE PREP TOOLS - check.
CALIPERS (for OAL)... hmm, better go look for those again.
EMPTY CASES - some of them at least; check. Others "to be created soon".

What else am I missing?

Went through that a 18 months ago, career Navy so I did a few of them but my next move will be my last, hopefully to a morgue

Me Too

I just finished moving. I'm a Kalifornia refugee, escaped to Idaho. My garage is full of boxes (from the moving company). All my bullets are accounted for (I kept the "volatiles," primers, propellant). I have box after box of brass. Found most of the equipment - the load bench itself, tumbler, Dillon press, and other stuff. Still looking for my RCBS single stage, hopper, small tools drawer, etc.

It's gonna be a while before I can get it all sorted out. I can't wait to get back in production again. Oh, and back to actually shooting :p.

Tumbler and media have time to be found.

Powder measure is not essential; I have scoops and a scale, and can get by with them for now (especially if I'm loading at the kitchen table and have nothing I'm allowed to clamp it to).

I bolted my press to a block of wood. I use a wood working clamp to attach it to the table when I reload. I have not had a dedicated area to reload in several years :(

I have found just about everything and have all my loading stuff sorted out. Put up shelves on the walls and rebuilt the wire racks. The load bench is positioned and a new, nice, super bright LED light hangs above - I had the electrician put an outlet on the garage ceiling with a switch for it on the wall. It's really nice to just hit a wall switch and have bright light over the load bench. No more plugging in with wires hanging about.

I haven't mounted the presses yet because I have been cleaning all my guns. It's easier to clean guns without a couple presses and a hopper in your way ;). I'll get the presses mounted soon.

My load bench is a small but burly thing. In '84 my handyman cousin built it for me out of wood he had left over - other than a 1-1/8" T&G piece of plywood I bought for it (would probably cost $200 today :p). He cut it into thirds. Two pieces on top (nailed and laminated together), and the remaining piece was fitted to make a "hanger bay" below. The legs are 2x4's and 2x6's, with 2x4 support beams around. The surface is only 28" x 48" but it as served me well. It's a beast and I love it. I'll never part with it - ever.

I have found just about everything and have all my loading stuff sorted out. Put up shelves on the walls and rebuilt the wire racks. The load bench is positioned and a new, nice, super bright LED light hangs above - I had the electrician put an outlet on the garage ceiling with a switch for it on the wall. It's really nice to just hit a wall switch and have bright light over the load bench. No more plugging in with wires hanging about.

I haven't mounted the presses yet because I have been cleaning all my guns. It's easier to clean guns without a couple presses and a hopper in your way ;). I'll get the presses mounted soon.

My load bench is a small but burly thing. In '84 my handyman cousin built it for me out of wood he had left over - other than a 1-1/8" T&G piece of plywood I bought for it (would probably cost $200 today :p). He cut it into thirds. Two pieces on top (nailed and laminated together), and the remaining piece was fitted to make a "hanger bay" below. The legs are 2x4's and 2x6's, with 2x4 support beams around. The surface is only 28" x 48" but it as served me well. It's a beast and I love it. I'll never part with it - ever.
Reminds me of a reloading bench that served me well for many years (1984-2017). I was teaching math at the Amelia Academy in Amelia Courthouse, Virginia. I got to be friends with the wood shop teacher. I mentioned that I could use a beefy portable bench as I was an apartment dweller and likely would be for years. He turned one of his charges loose on the project and the finished bench was handsome if not beautiful. The legs were glued 2x4s. The top was 30” x 36” of3/4” plywood and the top frame was mitered 2x6s. It was standing height and held together with lag bolts. It moved with me at least 6 times. In the end, Hurricane Harvey flood water got to it and warped the legs pretty badly. I had to trash it.

I use an 8’x24” set of steel shelving with a tongue and groove planking and Masonite top now. It’s much bigger and a bear to move.

Been there, done that! Looking for stuff after moving in for 2 weeks, can't find it, order new stuff. A month later the wife walks in and asks what I want her to do with the stuff she found. :o

Well, at least my kids won't have to argue over who gets what, there's 2 of most everything!

Baack in the 80’s I picked up an old Postal sorting table for free if I hauled it away. That thing was strong heavy steel and had all these handy compartments for keeping things organized. I left it in ND when we moved to VA in 2002 because I felt it was too much of a beast to haul around. I’d love to have it now though.

Made 2 big moves in the past 12 years or so. Ga to northern MN then to TX. Still sorting things out and looking for 'lost' items.
PathDoc, if you can't find your lube pad, it may be time to try Imperial sizing wax.
Good Luck.

Lube pad found, new lube ordered and received (the original tub dated back to 2008!!!).

Tumbler and media found.

Still working on hunting down that pesky caliper! (Though if I load bullets with cannelures it may be less critical.)

Back