Reno Gun Show - March 2017

jimmyjackjones

I live in Upstate NY but I travel to Reno 4 times per year for work. This is the first time in my 10 years at this job that the Reno gun show coincided with my trip. I was blown away. Nothing back in NY even comes close to this. The best thing was that you could move around and walk up to any table without waiting in line.That's the biggest reason I stopped going to gun shows back home. Also, everyone was so friendly and spent time chatting with me. I collect antique Winchester lever actions and I've never seen so many in one place. I'd go back today but I'm scared I would go nuts and over spend. Yesterday I did pick up a second generation Colt SAA that looks and functions as new. Are all gun shows in other states like this one? Anyone else attending this weekend?

Best Regards,

Mike

You went to the Big Reno Show, not some of the others that come around. It is notable for being a little larger and having tons of older collectible weapons. I think they hold it 3-4 times per year, always at the Grand Sierra Resort.

The other big one is Crossroads of the West at the convention center. Fewer booths, but fewer "collectibles."

Four years ago when I got back into shooting the show was absolutely packed. Now it's getting more civil. I was there on Friday, easy to get around.

Yes. The Big Reno show at the Grand Sierra. Wish I had $10k to go back with today. I'm going to be smart and go to the movies today instead. Hope you found something good on Friday.

Mike

Back