Removal of SGA Magpul Stock?

BUFB98

Inactive
Installed my SGA Magpul stock on my Mossberg 500 stock today and I love it. Got the LOP set just the way I like it, really smooth feeling. However, went to do a field strip and could not get the trigger assembly to pop out freely. I had done some research prior to this stock and it was noted this would happen so I was not concerned. However, in order to get the trigger assembly out, I have to loosen up the bolt on the stock...but I can't figure out how to get the blasted thumb strip off to access the bolt. I've tried a knife, a small Alan wrench, and my fingers...can't get it to pop off. I feel like a complete fool right now. Anyone remove this stock before and can offer some pointers? Thanks!

I've browsed quite a few YouTube videos...they all show the installation of the SGA stock, but not the removal. Only removal videos are for different types (not SGA).

I've attached a picture and circled the thumb strip to clear up any confusion!
magpulthumbstrip_zpsf0ceba48.jpg

It's one piece. It's a small thumb strip that you "pop" in...you can see it here (video is lined up to where you can see him plug the thumb piece in)

http://youtu.be/VmuO9RAWn0M?t=2m15s

Now, I was finally able to get the blasted thing off using a micro screwdriver and prying it off...but I feel like if I keep doing this, I'm going to snap this piece at some point.

Yep a micro/small screwdriver or a dental pick is the best way to get them off. If it gets damaged them call Magpul and tell them, they may even send you a replacement.

If it gets damaged them call Magpul and tell them, they may even send you a replacement.
I think I'd get a spare or two, and see if you cant find one that's easier to remove.

I doubt they are more than just a few dollars each

Get the gun warm in the house. . . .Maybe use a blow dryer on the cap. Then, it looks like pushing down in the cut out with an awl or small phillips would open it right up.

Back