Reminton 700 VS

WT

Inactive
I need your opinion! I decided to purchace a Remington 700 VS in .308. I will be using it for some precision target shooting at the range and hunting of deer sized game. Now I need a good scope! I was thinking of the Springfield Armory 3rd Generation scope tuned for match .308 ammo. I also read alot about the Leopold tactical scopes. Any opinions on the scopes I mentioned?

Thank you

WTF

I have a Leupold Long Range M3 model w/ BDC(tuned to 168gr match ammo). I love this scope. It is designed after the high dollar Mark line that is utilized by the military, but still retains quality while keeping the cost lower. If you want the BDC feature make sure you specify the M3 and not the M1. The scope should run about $675. It is a 3.5 x 10 x 40mm w/ a 30 mm tube. Clarity and brightness is unlike any other. Another big plus is the side focus. I've heard that Springfield had seal probs, thats what steered me from them.

Be Safe
Mike

Would suggest you stick with the Leupold for long term reliability and perhaps eventual resale value. Warranty is excellent and continues to the next owner!! Quality is top drawer and repairs if ever needed always there. As for the BDC type, that is fine if you are going to restrict yourself to that particular cartridge/bullet. If you plan to shoot the 308 out to 1000yds, you will find the 168 not the one to do that with any success. That bullet works fine at 600 and that is a stretch, but at 1000yds, will not keep up with the 175's or others. Your optics does not know or care what rifle/cartridge you are using if it is zeroed accordingly. Just a suggestion.

Back