Remington Trigger Adjustment

Keith Rogan

I just purchased a new Remington Model 7 and the trigger is...well, its lawyer proof. Very crisp but HEAVY. There are a couple on holes on the side of the trigger mechanism that are apparently for allen wrench adjustment of the trigger but I don't want to monkey with it without some advice. Can I lighten the trigger without going to a gunsmith?

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

Well...... It says "Remington Trigger" but if I follow this you should be able to see the screw holes he is referring to without removing the trigger housing from the rifle because he keeps referring to opening and closing the bolt, etc, during the process.

On my rifle you have to pull the whole mechanism out to make any adjustments - opening or closing the bolt and so forth would have no effect on the now disengaged trigger mechanism.

Its either very poorly written or the model 7 has a different type of trigger than the 700 he is referring to.

Keith, I have a Model 7 in the shop and it's trigger and every model 7 I've ever seen is adjusted just like the 700. The adjustment screws are covered with some kind of rosin. You have to scrape that stuff off before you can adjust the trigger. George

Well, it must just be poorly written instructions at the link above then. I don't see how you can turn the adjustment screws while the mechanism is in contact with the bolt like they are describing.

I don't really want a "sniper trigger" on the rifle anyway, so I guess as long as the screws are properly identified, I should be able to lighten it a bit. We'll see this weekend.

------------------
Keith
The Bears and Bear Maulings Page: members.xoom.com/keithrogan

Back