Remington small rifle primers

I requested a notification when Remington small rifle primers became available at Midwayusa.com. Got this in my email today:

"Discontinued Product Notification
You requested we notify you when this product was back in-stock; unfortunately the product has been discontinued and will no longer be available from MidwayUSA.
Remington Small Rifle Bench Rest Primers #7-1/2 Box of 1000 (10 Trays of 100)"

Interesting.... the question is have they been discontinued by Remington (Ammunition now owned by Vista) or by Midway? Or is this a temporary result of high ammunition demand and logistics due to the sale and split of Remington in several parts?

Looks like I'll have to ration my remaining 7-1/2 primers....

Or just inventory software limitations/features. Even with the same brand name, not always a given, the source, product identifiers and such may require a different listing than the current one for "Remington Small Rifle".

Which ones? CCI and Federal are still separate products. In these trying times, Vista ought to fire up RP. They have recalled furloughed employees.

Could be Vista decided not to market Remington primers anymore and discontinued the SKU#. It is also possible that they are planning on releasing Remington primers in the future under a different SKU#.
I really do not see a point for Vista to market 3 different brands of primers myself. If Remington offered something unique with the 7-1/2 it would make more sense (to me) for them to release that specification under the CCI or Federal name.

it was about Remington large pistol primers

I check Midway's primer offerings. And I got the same email.

Prior to the email, under the "availability" tab, they had "out of stock, no back order" followed by the number "64." Obviously, 64 offerings were unavailable.

Now it's 56. They cut the entire Remington line from their catalog. Nor is it mentioned under "brand" either.

However, both Powder Valley and Midsouth Shooter's Supply still have Remington catalogued, but of course, unavailable.

I can imagine all Remington primer production going into factory RP ammo under Vista ownership; at least until the present panic passes. Who knows after that, maybe Remington will be extinguished as a component brand. I am pretty sure that Vista did not buy the Remington ammo business to sit idle.

Got the same e-mail. I'm guessing they switched over to use the supplies to increase production for other brands. at least I hope so.

Back