Remington Scoremaster 511 stock

My Dad had one, and after he passed, my oldest Bro got it and still has it. My Dad bought it right before WWII as I remember it. I'm the youngest of his 3 sons (I'm 66), and through the growing up years both my older Bros, and me included, have shot many hundreds of .22 short, longs, and long rifles through that fine and accurate old Scoremaster. My Dad said he'd have it on the tractor with him when he was on the family farm, and said he'd shot many pheasants from the seat of the old F20, McCormick Deering Farmall.

Whoever did the checkering and the rabbit, did a good job of it as I see it from the photos. What a cool old rifle you have there! Whatever you figure you need to do to clean it up, don't hurt that checkering or the bunny! Great stuff! That's one of a kind, home spun, well done carving there (IMO).

Looks like someone got creative with that stock. It has the correct shape, but someone carved the checkering in and put the jackalope head on it for that special touch.

Very nice !!!

Has anyone ever seen a stock that looks like this? It has pressed in checkering and a rabbits head on it
No, have never seen a stock like this and as others have stated, was probably not OEM. I usually do not find modifications like this, very attractive but by my measure, this one is well done and special. Thank you for sharing it with us. .. :)

Be Safe !!!

"...has pressed in checkering..." Hi. It's not uniform. Means grand pop or somebody he knew did it. That's not a bad thing.
Clean the checkering with a toothbrush and some Murphy's Oil Soap(or any other wood cleaning product). Then varnish it.

Nope........mine was smooth as a prom queens thighs and not nearly as dangerous.My Grandfather bought mine for me when I was 6,1967,from a neighbor farmer for $5.About 15 years ago I took it down to the skinny,stained her in a dark walnut and reblued the rest.I then passed it on to my son with the understanding that it would be passed on to his which is 7 now.I love that old 22..........ain't no telling how many cottontails met their fate from her and ended up as Sunday dinner.

I have two Remington Model 511 guns. magazine fed. and both guns sport a plain walnut stock. I have seen plenty of post factory artwork to enhance the guns. All in all I have a 510P, two Model 511 and one Model 512.

Ron

Back