Remington rolling block?

kgs

I have an old Remington shotgun which looks to be like it's from the late 1800's. (patent dates are stamped in the receiver.) It's a single shot and possibly a 16 Gauge. It looks to be of a possible rolling block design, (it's missing a piece of the action.) but being that I am totally unfamiliar with that type of action, I have no clue as to what I really have. Does anyone have any idea as to what I might be dealing with here? I think I will attempt to get a picture or two and try posting them later.

Thanks, :)

Kgs.

Harley Nolden's Forum might be a better place to find out about your shotgun. I've had a couple of Rolling Block rifles, but have never seen an RB shotgun...

kgs:
It sounds like you may have a Remington Long Range Creedmore Rifle, which Remington made into a 16 Ga shotgun around 1870 - to 1892.

HJN

Harley,

Do you know of any sources that I might be able to tap for more information concerning this firearm? I am interested in knowing its approximate value and possible parts availability.

Thanks for your input! :D

kgs

kgs:
Value is around $600.00 for one in good shape. I don't know if parts are available, but you might try gunparts.com or a letter to Remington for more history.

HJN

Back