Remington Rifle Identification

BigJon

Picked up a beautiful rifle last week. Not sure what I have, though. It's a Remington that a fellow won in a sales contest over twenty years ago, and it appears unfired. It appears to be a Remington short action with jeweled bolt and the standard two-position safety. The rifle is in .243 caliber. What I found so unusual is the stock - it appears to be what I'd call a light varmint stock - flat foreend, but very thin, and the toe of the forestock angles up and back and is angled and sharp, not rounded. The wood is flat gorgeous - appears to be some sort of feathered or tiger-striped walnut, and it has no end cap at the forward end of the stock. The stock is checkered on the forestock and the pistol grip. The stock is a low Monte-Carlo. Very light and handy little rifle.

Any idea what this is?

Best,
Jon

Here you are, sir.

Best,
Jon

Attachments

• DSCN1113.JPG
    DSCN1113.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 371
  • DSCN1114.JPG
    DSCN1114.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN1116.JPG
    DSCN1116.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 265
It does, Steven. Thanks. Yep, I figured it was an ADL (no toe cap or grip cap, no floor plate), but I had never seen one with wood that nice. Thought maybe it was either an early production run or a limited run, either of which might account for better-appearing wood.

Thanks again.

Best,
Jon

Yep. I think this settles it. Two photos attached from GunsAmerica. The first is an older ADL that does not appear to have the varmint-styled toe to its stock, and the second is another that has irons, which mine doesn't, but which does have the varmint-style toe. My rifle has nicer wood than the first photo and appears to be of the same tint as that shown in the second.

So, I have a standard issue ADL in .243 with no irons and a varmint stock.

Best,
Jon

Attachments

• GunsAmerica ADL.jpg
    GunsAmerica ADL.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Gunsamerica ADL 2.jpg
    Gunsamerica ADL 2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 144
Back