remington pre-model 11, whats it worth?

dnsharpshooter

thinking about selling my old remington autoloading shotgun (pre-model 11) 12 gauge, just curious what it might be worth. the finish isnt excellent, it has been re-blued (poorly) and the stock has been refinished as well, but its a good shooter. the serial number dates it to somewhere around 1908 or 1909. any ideas?

What is the serial number, what choke is on it, does it have a solid rib? The re-bluing job will hurt it, the wood can be a hurt or help too, depending on quality of job. They go for $300-500 on average. I paid like $250 for my 20gauge in excellent condition, I paid $350 for an E grade 12gauge in rough condition, cracked stock, forearm and rusty barrel.

Condition is key, especially since these aren't Brownings and are easier to get a hold of.

There's not really a very high collector's demand unless in mint condition. It's primary value now, since it has been reblued, is as a shooter, assuming it can chamber and fire 2 3/4" shells.

The best I can tell you is that, at this point, it's worth whatever somebody who wants it will pay for it.

In the condition you describe $ 75 - $ 100...is probably the best you'll get../ in that condition, its more of a parts gun than anything else.../ there are too many around in very good to excellent condition for asking prices of $ 300 - $400 ( and offers of $ 200 - $250 are common ) ...and even in excellent condition they're not easy to sell...( and how its choked and chambered is a big deal )...

Back