Remington Pocket Model

Ned Christy

Inactive
I've got a problem! I want another Remington .31 even though in the past I've bought four of them and all had problems ranging from miner to major. None of them would let the hammer nose rest in the notches between chambers like the larger Remingtons. All needed some frame fitting to allow the rammer to seat fully. One had a bent sight and one had major timing issues. Is this usual with the little Remingtons? Or have I had a run of bad luck? Have most of you .31 Remington owners been happy with your guns? Any suggestions?

Ned Christy

Howdy Ned:
I've not dealt with the pocket models but I've seen all of the problems you describe happen with other Remington clones from both Uberti and Pietta I've got one Uberti 1875 remmington clone in which the notch for the front site was milled into the barrel at an odd angle causing the site blade to cant to the right. I've seen quite a few timing and tuning issues with other Remington clones. I've usually had to do some tweaking to all of my out of the box percussion revolvers to get them to working properly.

Back